Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Weekend







What a weekend!!! My cousin Paula came for a visit. It was her first time here so we showed her as much as we could in one weekend. We went to Rivoli's on Friday so she could experience Italian Food made by real Italians. We ate so much that I thought we would pop. She had never seen a lighthouse so on Saturday we went to Barnegat Light and climbed the lighthouse. Dana and Paula arranged the large rocks on the sand to make a smiley face and spell Hi so they could see it from the top. Then we took Paula to have her first Italian ice. She loved the gelati from Rita's. On Sunday we went to the beach in Ortley. It was her first time in the ocean! The water was flat. I think we have maybe 2 waves the entire day. It was like swimming in a lake. The dolphins were swimming all around us- just out view of the camera! Of course, I got a sunburn although I applied SPF 100 3 times in 3 hours. After the beach, we made an appearance at my brother-in-law's cookout. We ate and went right back to the beach where we watched the fireworks over the water. There were a lot of firsts for her. All in all it was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment