Dana has always found mastering sports easy. She could swim by the time she was 2. She picked up a field hockey stick and was immediately wonderful. She can throw the discus like a champ. My girl is good! And them there was the bike....Hard as she tried my girl just couldn't figure it out. She would get on and fall, get on and fall, get on and fall. The only way she could ride was with training wheels. By the time she was 9, she decided that bicycles just weren't for her. And so her bike sat in the shed for 2 years and she outgrew it. It's just not her thing...until yesterday. My neighbor asked her to try riding her bike. Dana resisted at first. My neighbor was persistant and Dana gave in. Three seconds later Dana was riding like a pro!!!!! All it took was the thought that someone else (other than the parental units) might see her fall to make her really try. I was shocked! Way to go Dana! It only took 11 1/2 years to get that silly contraption down. As for my husband's reaction...Clifford bought her a new bike today.
That's awesome. I just rode a bike for the first time in about 13 years! I was pretty wobbly at first! It was great to ride though! It helped that I was on the beach!!
ReplyDelete